Full Warranty Wording
The Sala Phones' One Year Limited Warranty is provided to customers who have purchased an electronic device from salaphones.co.uk, or from one of Sala Phones’ approved partners or resellers. The rights provided within this warranty are separate to rights provided by consumer law. As such, the Sala Phones One Year Limited Warranty benefits are in addition to, and not instead of, rights provided by consumer law and are provided voluntarily by Sala Phones.
What is covered by this warranty?
The Sala Phones One Year Limited Warranty covers all devices for a period of 365 days from the date of original retail purchase by the end-user purchaser. Unless otherwise specified, this warranty covers the end-user purchaser against;
- Any faults caused by improper workmanship or materials.
- Any technical defects that arise over the period of coverage.
What is not covered by this warranty?
This warranty does not cover;
- Ordinary wear and tear.
- Scratches, dents and cosmetic damage.
- Defects or damage resulting from accidents, neglect, misuse or abnormal use; abnormal conditions or improper storage; unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress.
- Defects or damage resulting from external causes such as collision with an object, fire, flooding, dirt, exposure to weather conditions, theft, blown fuse, or improper use of any electrical source.
- Devices that have a physical serial number or IMEI number printed or embossed on the device removed, defaced, damaged, altered or made illegible.
- Defects or damage resulting from viruses and other software problems introduced into the product through the use of a third-party app.
- Devices that have been tampered with or opened/disassembled by an unauthorised repairer or service centre.
- Any performance depletion or other defects of the battery which occur or are reported outside of the first 90 days of original retail purchase.
- Any devices which are returned with personal accounts, pin codes, activation locks or any other method of locking which prevents access to the device. To comply with data protection regulations, these must be removed or deactivated before any warranty claim can be processed.
How do I initiate a warranty claim?
To make a warranty claim, log on to salaphones.co.uk/returns and follow the instructions provided. If you require any more help or assistance, the customer service team is contactable at email@example.com.
What will happen in the event of a warranty claim?
If, during the warranty period you submit a claim which does not breach the terms as stated above, Sala Phones will, at its option:
- Repair the product using new or previously used parts that are equivalent in performance, reliability and physical condition to parts which would have been provided within the product at the original point of purchase (given the age and grade of device as advertised at the original point of purchase), or
- Replace the product with the same model (or with your consent a product that Sala Phones deems as similar in performance and functionality) formed from new and/or previously used parts that are equivalent in performance, reliability and physical condition to parts which would have been provided within the product at the original point of purchase (given the age and grade of device as advertised at the original point of purchase), or
- Refund your purchase price in exchange for the return of your original product
When a product or part is replaced or a refund provided, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced or refunded item becomes Sala Phones’ property. A replacement part or product or a repaired Sala Phones product assumes the remaining warranty of the original Sala Phones product.
In all cases, we will inspect the product in order to verify the fault. If the fault cannot be verified, we may, at our discretion, return the product to you and close your claim.
The Sala Phones One Year Limited Warranty is a voluntary warranty provided by Smartphone Group Limited on behalf of Sala Phones. Sala Phones is a trading name of Smartphone Group Limited.